different between connection vs irrelevancy
- connexion (UK, dated), connex. (abbreviation)
From Middle English conneccioun, connexioun, conneccyon, conneccion, from Latin connexionem (nominative connexio (“a conclusion, binding together”)), from connect?, an alternative spelling of c?nect? (“I bind together”), from compound of co- (“together”) and nect? (“I bind”)
In American English mid-18c., spelling shifted from connexion to connection (equivalent to connect +? -ion), thus making connexion British dated and connection in international use.
- IPA(key): /k??n?k??n/
- Rhymes: -?k??n
connection (countable and uncountable, plural connections)
- (uncountable) The act of connecting.
- The point at which two or more things are connected.
- the connection between overeating and obesity
- My headache has no connection with me going out last night.
- A feeling of understanding and ease of communication between two or more people.
- As we were the only people in the room to laugh at the joke, I felt a connection between us.
- An established communications or transportation link.
- computers linked by a network connection
- I was talking to him, but there was lightning and we lost the connection.
- (transport) A transfer from one transportation vehicle to another in scheduled transportation service
- The bus was late so he missed his connection at Penn Station and had to wait six hours for the next train.
- A kinship relationship between people.
- An individual who is related to oneself, through either family or business.
- I have some connections in Lancashire.
- (mathematics) A set of sets that contains the empty set, all one-element sets for any element that is included in any of the sets, and the union of any group of sets that are elements where the intersections of those sets is non-empty.
- coherence; lack of disjointedness
- (religion) The description for a Methodist denomination as a whole, as opposed to its constituent churches, circuits, districts and conferences.
- sexual intercourse
connection From the web:
- what connection type is known as always on
- what connection speed is good for ps4
- what connection speed is needed for netflix
- what connection did renaissance
ir- +? relevancy or irrelevant +? -cy
irrelevancy (countable and uncountable, plural irrelevancies)
- (uncountable) The quality of being irrelevant or inapplicable; lack of pertinence or connection.
- (countable) A thing that is irrelevant—having no bearing on the subject of discussion.
- irrelevancy in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
irrelevancy From the web:
- what does relevance mean
- what does irrelevant mean
- what rhymes with irrelevance
- what is irrelevance theory
- what does irrelevant mean in a sentence
- what does irrelevance
- what does irrelevant mean in english
- what dies irrelevant mean
you may also like
- connection vs irrelevancy
- pertinence vs irrelevancy
- inapplicable vs irrelevancy
- bnc vs unreconcilable
- bnc vs palaeomagnetic
- bnc vs noone
- bnc vs tendonitis
- bnc vs vermillion
- reiterator vs reiterate
- reiteration vs reiteratively
- reiteratively vs reiterate
- empathis vs emphasis
- emphasis vs emphasiz
- iterated vs iterates
- iterated vs iterate
- iterated vs noniterated
- iterated vs agitated
- urge vs reiterates
- pruriently vs prurient
- progressivist vs progress