different between empathis vs emphasis
empathis From the web:
- what empathy means
- empathise meaning
- what does empathy mean
- what is empathise in design thinking
- what is empathising-systemising theory
- what is empathise definition
- what is empathise in french
- what can you empathise
From Latin emphasis, from Ancient Greek ??????? (émphasis, “significance”), from ??????? (emphaín?, “I present, I indicate”), from ??- (en-, “in”) + ????? (phaín?, “I show”).
- IPA(key): /??mf?s?s/
- IPA(key): [???f?s?s], [?e?f?s?s], [???f?s?s], [?e?f?s?s]
emphasis (countable and uncountable, plural emphases)
- Special weight or forcefulness given to something considered important.
- He paused for emphasis before saying who had won.
- Special attention or prominence given to something.
- Anglia TV's emphasis is on Norwich and district.
- Prominence given to a syllable or words, by raising the voice or printing in italic or underlined type.
- He used a yellow highlighter to indicate where to give emphasis in his speech.
- (phonology) The phonetic or phonological feature that distinguishes emphatic consonants from other consonants.
- (typography) The use of boldface, italics, or other such formatting to highlight text. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- emphasise, emphasize
From Ancient Greek ??????? (émphasis, “significance”).
- (Classical) IPA(key): /?em.p?a.sis/, [??mp?äs??s?]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /?em.fa.sis/, [??mf?s?is]
emphasis f (genitive emphasis); third declension
Third-declension noun (i-stem).
- emphasis in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- emphasis in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire illustré Latin-Français, Hachette
emphasis From the web:
- what emphasis means
- what emphasis areas) require an internship
- what emphasised the notion of a united community
- what emphasis of amulets
- what emphasis of spanish gate
- what emphasis of folk song
- what emphasised the notion
- what emphasis of sacred music
you may also like
- empathis vs emphasis
- emphasis vs emphasiz
- iterated vs iterates
- iterated vs iterate
- iterated vs noniterated
- iterated vs agitated
- urge vs reiterates
- pruriently vs prurient
- progressivist vs progress
- reconstructivism vs reconstructivist
- social vs reconstructivism
- reconstruction vs reconstructivism
- conscious vs reconstructivism
- postmodern vs reconstructivism
- profligation vs profligate
- multiprimitive vs primitive
- elastic vs elastomeric
- elastomeric vs nonelastomeric
- elastomeric vs elastomerically
- elastomeric vs counterflashing