different between iterated vs iterate
- simple past tense and past participle of iterate
iterated From the web:
- iterated meaning
- what is iterated integral
- what is iterated elimination of dominated strategies
- what does iterated integral mean
- what is iterated dominance
- what is iterated prisoner's dilemma
- what is iterated function system
- what is iterated hash function
From Latin iter? (“do it for a second time, repeat”), from iterum (“again”), akin to is (“he, that”).
- IPA(key): /??t??e?t/, /?a?t??e?t/
iterate (third-person singular simple present iterates, present participle iterating, simple past and past participle iterated)
- (computing) to perform or repeat an action on each item in a set
- (computing, mathematics) to perform or repeat an action on the results of each such prior action
- (transitive, archaic) To utter or do a second time or many times; to repeat.
- (design, transitive, intransitive) To repeat an activity, making incremental changes each time
- (to repeat): reiterate; see also Thesaurus:reiterate
iterate (plural iterates)
- (mathematics) a function that iterates
- f2(x0) is the second iterate of x0 under f.
- 2011, M. A. Kaashoek, T. T. West, Locally Compact Semi-Algebras (page 8)
- An important example of such a semigroup in infinite dimensional Hilbert space is the weak operator closed monothetic semigroup generated by a linear operator with equibounded iterates.
iterate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Said or done again; repeated.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Gardiner to this entry?)
- See Thesaurus:repeated
- iterate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- iterate in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- iterate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- second-person plural present indicative of iterare
- second-person plural imperative of iterare
- feminine plural of iterato
- second-person plural present active imperative of iter?
iterate From the web:
- what iterative means
- what iterative
- iterate what is concerned with fuel
- iterate what does this mean
- what does iterate mean in python
- what is iterate in python
- what is iterated integral
- what does iterate mean in programming
you may also like
- iterated vs iterate
- iterated vs noniterated
- iterated vs agitated
- urge vs reiterates
- pruriently vs prurient
- progressivist vs progress
- reconstructivism vs reconstructivist
- social vs reconstructivism
- reconstruction vs reconstructivism
- conscious vs reconstructivism
- postmodern vs reconstructivism
- profligation vs profligate
- multiprimitive vs primitive
- elastic vs elastomeric
- elastomeric vs nonelastomeric
- elastomeric vs elastomerically
- elastomeric vs counterflashing
- elastomeric vs spandex
- elastomer vs elastomeric
- phlegmatically vs phlegmatic