different between snark vs snerk
- enPR: snärk, IPA(key): /sn??(?)k/
- Rhymes: -??(r)k
Noun sense “snide remark” as back-formation from snarky (1906), from obsolete snark (“to snore, snort”, verb) (1866), from Middle English snarken (“to snore”). Compare Low German snarken, North Frisian snarke, Swedish snarka, and English snort, and snore.
- Snide remarks or attitude.
- Synonyms: sarcasm, snideness
- 2010, David Denby, Snark, Pan Macmillan (?ISBN), page 4:
- Snark will get you any way it can, fore and aft, and to hell with consistency. In a media society, snark is an easy way of seeming smart. […] Snark doesn't create a new image, a new idea. It's parasitic, referential, insinuating.
snark (third-person singular simple present snarks, present participle snarking, simple past and past participle snarked)
- To express oneself in a snarky fashion.
- (obsolete) To snort.
From Snark, coined by Lewis Carroll as a nonce word in The Hunting of the Snark (1874), about the quest for an elusive creature. In sense of “a type of mathematical graph”, named as such in 1976 by Martin Gardner for their elusiveness.
snark (plural snarks)
- (mathematics) A graph in which every node has three branches, and the edges cannot be coloured in fewer than four colours without two edges of the same colour meeting at a point.
- (physics) A fluke or unrepeatable result or detection in an experiment.
- snark on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Snark (Lewis Carroll) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “snark”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- snark at OneLook Dictionary Search
- ARNKs, Karns, Kršan, K???a, karns, knars, krans, narks, ranks, skarn
- IPA(key): /stnar?k/
- Rhymes: -ar?k
snark n (genitive singular snarks, no plural)
- crackle (of a fire)
- snarka (“to crackle”)
From snórk. Cognate with Smalandian snarke m, Helsingian snárse, snarkse m, snarka f, Norwegian snerkje m.
snark m (nominative & accusative definite singular snarken)
- Skin, wrinkled skin-film which forms on porridge and gruel.
snark From the web:
- what snarky mean
- what snark tuner is best
- snark meaning
- snarky what about me
- snarky what is the definition
- snarky what does that mean
- what is snarky humor
- what does snarky comments mean
- (Internet, slang) Expressing amusement; a snicker, or a snort of laughter.
snerk (third-person singular simple present snerks, present participle snerking, simple past and past participle snerked)
- (Internet, slang) To snicker or snort with laughter to express amusement.
- Renks, kerns, nerks
snerk From the web:
- what snerk means
- what does snark mean in norwegian
- what is snerk word
- what does snerk stand for
- what does snark
you may also like
- snark vs snerk
- corruptibility vs corrugation
- corruption vs corruptibility
- lovingly vs gently
- beloved vs lovingly
- fondly vs lovingly
- lovingly vs wonderful
- lovingly vs livingly
- lovingly vs losingly
- movingly vs lovingly
- smoothly vs slightly
- conscientiously vs smoothly
- seamlessly vs smoothly
- smoothly vs gently
- smoothly vs slickly
- blandly vs smoothly
- smoother vs smoothly
- smushy vs smoothly
- dote vs fiat
- fiat vs belief