different between elastic vs elastomeric
- elastick (obsolete)
From French élastique, from New Latin elasticus (“elastic”), from Ancient Greek ??????? (elastós), alternative form of ?????? (elatós, “ductile”) (cf. ?????? (elat?r, “a driver, hurler”)), from ?????? (elaún?, “to drive, set in motion, push, strike, beat out”).
- IPA(key): /i?læst?k/, /??læst?k/
- Rhymes: -æst?k
- Hyphenation: elas?tic
elastic (comparative more elastic, superlative most elastic)
- Capable of stretching; particularly, capable of stretching so as to return to an original shape or size when force is released.
- The rope is somewhat elastic, so expect it to give when you pull on it.
- Made of elastic.
- elastic band
- Of clothing, elasticated.
- (economics) Sensitive to changes in price.
- Demand for entertainment is more elastic than demand for energy.
- springy; bouncy; vivacious
- Able to return quickly to a former state or condition, after being depressed or overtaxed; having power to recover easily from shocks and trials.
- elastic spirits; an elastic constitution
- elastic band
elastic (countable and uncountable, plural elastics)
- (uncountable) An elastic material used in clothing, particularly in waistbands and cuffs.
- (countable) An elastic band.
- elastic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- elastic in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- elastic at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Altices, Castiel, Castile, astelic, laciest, latices, salicet
From French élastique.
elastic m or n (feminine singular elastic?, masculine plural elastici, feminine and neuter plural elastice)
elastic From the web:
- what elastic potential energy
- what elastic to use for scrunchies
- what elastic energy
- what elastic clause
- what elasticity means
- what elasticity of demand
- what elasticity of supply
- what elastic to use for swimwear
elastomer +? -ic
elastomeric (not comparable)
- Relating to, or composed of elastomers
elastomeric (plural elastomerics)
- An elastomeric item, especially an elastomeric ligature used in orthodontics.
elastomeric From the web:
- elastomeric meaning
- what's elastomeric coating
- what is elastomeric paint
- what is elastomeric roof coating
- what is elastomeric sealant
- what is elastomeric caulk
- what is elastomeric paint used for
- what is elastomeric bearing
you may also like
- elastic vs elastomeric
- elastomeric vs nonelastomeric
- elastomeric vs elastomerically
- elastomeric vs counterflashing
- elastomeric vs spandex
- elastomer vs elastomeric
- phlegmatically vs phlegmatic
- sluggishly vs rapidly
- slowly vs sluggishly
- sluggish vs sluggishly
- terms vs surpliced
- surpliced vs surplices
- surplice vs surpliced
- shield vs bordure
- border vs bordure
- bordure vs orle
- bordure vs purfle
- bordure vs surplice
- pedant vs pedantocracy
- pedantocracy vs pedantry