different between weathering vs corrosion
From Middle English wederyng, equivalent to weather +? -ing.
weathering (countable and uncountable, plural weatherings)
- (obsolete) Weather, especially favourable or fair weather.
- (geology) Mechanical or chemical breaking down of rocks in situ by weather or other causes.
- (architecture) A slight inclination given to an approximately horizontal surface to enable it to throw off water.
- space weathering
- present participle of weather
weathering From the web:
From Old French corrosion, or its source, Late Latin corr?si?nem, accusative singular of corr?si? (“gnawing away, corroding”), from Latin corr?d? (“gnaw away, corrode”).
- (UK) IPA(key): /k???????n/
- (US) IPA(key): /k???o???n/
corrosion (countable and uncountable, plural corrosions)
- The act of corroding or the condition so produced.
- A substance (such as rust) so formed.
- (chemistry) Erosion by chemical action, especially oxidation.
- (by extension) The gradual destruction or undermining of something.
Borrowed from Late Latin corr?si?nem, accusative singular of corr?si? (“gnawing away, corroding”), from Latin corr?d? (“gnaw away, corrode”).
- IPA(key): /k?.??.zj??/
corrosion f (plural corrosions)
- “corrosion” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
corrosion f (oblique plural corrosions, nominative singular corrosion, nominative plural corrosions)
corrosion From the web:
- what corrosion means
- what corrosion resistance
- what corrosion engineer do
- what's corrosion warranty
- what's corrosion in geography
- what corrosion of iron
- what corrosion inhibition
- what corrosion of copper
you may also like
- weathering vs corrosion
- corrosive vs corrosion
- corrosion vs tarnish
- nick vs corrosion
- consumption vs indemnity
- requirement vs consumption
- consumption vs consumable
- consumption vs consummate
- yield vs consumption
- ingest vs consumption
- constipation vs consumption
- consumption vs waste
- audacity vs aplomb
- audacity vs aberrant
- audacity vs atypical
- audacity vs adventurous
- audacity vs asinine
- water vs audacity
- equivalent vs valent
- valent vs avalent