different between sadden vs depress
From Middle English saddenen, equivalent to sad +? -en.
- IPA(key): /?sæd?n/
- Rhymes: -æd?n
sadden (third-person singular simple present saddens, present participle saddening, simple past and past participle saddened)
- (transitive) To make sad or unhappy.
- (intransitive, rare) To become sad or unhappy.
- (transitive, rare) To darken a color during dyeing.
- (transitive) To render heavy or cohesive.
- Marle's binding and sadning of land being the great Prejudice it doth to Clay-lands.
- dedans, desand, sanded
- (Kautokeino) IPA(key): /?sad?den/
- first-person singular past indicative of saddit
sadden From the web:
- what saddens a narcissist
- what saddens odysseus at the feast
- what saddened valli
- what saddened valli mcq
- what saddened valli * 1 point
- what saddens boxer after cowshed
- what saddened aksionov the most ?
- what saddens me the most
From Middle English depressen, from Old French depresser, from Latin d?pressus, perfect participle of d?prim? (“to press down, to weigh down”), from d?- (“off, away, down, out”) +? prem? (“to press”).
- IPA(key): /d??p??s/
- Rhymes: -?s
depress (third-person singular simple present depresses, present participle depressing, simple past and past participle depressed)
- To press down.
- To make depressed, sad or bored.
- (economics) To cause a depression or a decrease in parts of the economy.
- To bring down or humble; to abase (pride, etc.).
- (mathematics) To reduce (an equation) in a lower degree.
- depress in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- depress in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- pressed, spersed
depress From the web:
- what depression feels like
- what depression looks like
- what depression
- what depression does to the brain
- what depression looks like meme
- what depression do i have
- what depression feels like quotes
- what depression is like
you may also like
- sadden vs depress
- unsubmissive vs mutinous
- obedience vs likeness
- small vs light
- damning vs maligning
- sickly vs haggard
- convincing vs judicious
- sparkle vs radiation
- stand vs allow
- valid vs verified
- occasion vs design
- impression vs character
- knowledge vs intimacy
- unexcited vs levelheaded
- dash vs drive
- conclusion vs idea
- lash vs thrash
- discreet vs bashful
- interior vs middle
- gruesome vs alarming