different between sackbut vs trigon
- sacbut, sackbutt, sagbut, shagbolt, shakbusshe
Middle French sacquer (“to push”) + bouter (“to pull”)
sackbut (plural sackbuts)
- (music) A brass instrument from the Renaissance and Baroque Eras, and an ancestor of the modern trombone. It was derived from the medieval slide trumpet.
- sackbut on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Sackbut in the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th edition, 1911)
sackbut From the web:
- sackbut what does it mean
- what is sackbut instrument
- what is a sackbut in the bible
- what is the sackbut made out of
- what is a sackbut made of
- what was the sackbut used for
- what is a sackbut called
- what is a sackbut family
From Ancient Greek ???????? (tríg?non, “triangle”), neuter substantive of ???????? (tríg?nos, “three-sided”), from ????? (treîs, “three”) + ????? (g?nía, “bend, angle”). Equivalent to tri- +? -gon. Doublet of trigonon.
- IPA(key): /?t?a???n/, /?t?a???n/
- Hyphenation: tri?gon
trigon (countable and uncountable, plural trigons)
- (countable, geometry, rare) A triangle.
- (countable, historical, music) An ancient triangular harp of Oriental origin which had four strings and was often used for banquet music. Also called sabbeka, sackbut, sambuca.
- (countable, astrology) A division consisting of three signs.
- (countable, astrology) A trine; an aspect of two planets distant 120 degrees from each other.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Hutton to this entry?)
- (uncountable, historical) An old ball game played by three people standing in a triangular formation.
- (countable, zoology) The cutting region of the crown of an upper molar, usually the anterior part.
- Girton, Tignor, orting, roting
- Romanization of ????????????????????????
From French trigone.
trigon n (plural trigoane)
trigon From the web:
- what trigonometric functions have vertical asymptotes
- what trigonometry
- what trigonometric functions are even
- what trigonometric functions are odd
- what trigonometric ratio is defined as
- what trigonometric ratio defines opposite/hypotenuse
- what trigonometry means
- what trigonometric ratio is correct
you may also like
- sackbut vs trigon
- tasted vs tased
- tawed vs tased
- tase vs tased
- tased vs taxed
- tased vs taser
- lased vs tased
- tamed vs tased
- terms vs jager
- jager vs rager
- jager vs lager
- jager vs jagir
- jager vs wager
- cager vs jager
- pages vs rages
- rages vs rates
- raves vs rages
- ages vs rages
- rages vs wages
- rages vs razes