different between sabbatical vs holiday
- Sabbatic, sabbatic
From Latin sabbaticus, from Ancient Greek ?????????? (sabbatikós) +? -al,
sabbatical (not comparable)
- Relating to the Sabbath / sabbath.
- Relating to a sabbatical.
sabbatical (plural sabbaticals)
- An extended period of leave from a person's usual pursuits.
- sabbatical on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
sabbatical From the web:
- what sabbatical mean
- what sabbatical leave
- sabbatical leave means
- what sabbatical year meaning
- what sabbatical means in spanish
- what sabbatical year
- what sabbatical stands for
- what sabbatical mean in arabic
From Middle English halyday, holyday, halidei, hali?dei, from Old English h?li?dæ? (“holy day, Sabbath”), equivalent to holy +? day. Compare West Frisian hjeldei (“holiday”), Danish helligdag (“holiday”), Norwegian helligdag (“holiday”), Swedish helgdag (“holiday, feast”).
- (UK) IPA(key): /?h?l?de?/
- (General American) IPA(key): /?h?l??de?/
holiday (plural holidays)
- A day on which a festival, religious event, or national celebration is traditionally observed.
- Synonyms: feast day, holy day
- A day declared free from work by the state or government.
- Synonyms: (UK) bank holiday, national holiday
- (chiefly Britain, Australia) A period of one or more days taken off work for leisure and often travel; often plural.
- Synonyms: leave, time off, (US) vacation; see also Thesaurus:vacation
- (chiefly Britain, Australia) A period during which pupils do not attend their school; often plural; rarely used for students at university (usually: vacation).
- Synonym: (US) vacation
- (finance) A period during which, by agreement, the usual payments are not made.
- A gap in coverage, e.g. of paint on a surface, or sonar imagery.
- Synonym: lacuna
holiday (third-person singular simple present holidays, present participle holidaying, simple past and past participle holidayed) (chiefly Britain)
- To take a period of time away from work or study.
- (Britain) To spend a period of time for travel.
- hyaloid, hyoidal
- Alternative form of halyday
holiday From the web:
- what holiday is today
- what holiday is tomorrow
- what holiday is coming up
- what holiday is monday
- what holiday is october 12th
- what holidays are in november
- what holidays are in october
- what holiday is in september
you may also like
- sabbatical vs holiday
- nonresistors vs nonresisters
- conducibility vs conductibility
- pommie vs taxonomy
- pommie vs pomme
- pommie vs bommie
- pommies vs commies
- pommie vs sommie
- commited vs commixed
- commixes vs commies
- commix vs comix
- commit vs commix
- commixions vs commixtions
- ingestable vs ingestible
- ingestible vs investible
- veins vs veinletsofaleaf
- deicides vs decides
- russian vs cosmodrome
- terms vs spadefuls
- hyperdrive vs warpdrive