different between isolate vs insulation
Back-formation from isolated, from French isolé, from Italian isolato, from Latin insulatus (cognate with insulate).
- (verb) IPA(key): /?a?s?le?t/
- (noun) IPA(key): /?a?s?l?t/
isolate (third-person singular simple present isolates, present participle isolating, simple past and past participle isolated)
- (transitive) To set apart or cut off from others.
- (transitive) To place in quarantine or isolation.
- (transitive, chemistry) To separate a substance in pure form from a mixture.
- (transitive) To insulate, or make free of external influence.
- (transitive, microbiology) To separate a pure strain of bacteria etc. from a mixed culture.
- (transitive) To insulate an electrical component from a source of electricity.
- (intransitive) To self-isolate.
isolate (plural isolates)
- Something that has been isolated.
- isolatable (adjective)
- isolated (adjective)
- isolating (adjective)
- isolation (noun)
- isolationism (noun)
- isolative (adjective)
- isolator (noun)
- Aeolist, et alios, tea oils
- past participle of isolar
- feminine plural of isolato
- second-person plural present of isolare
- second-person plural imperative of isolare
- feminine plural of the past participle of isolare
- alitose, oliaste, solatie
isolate From the web:
- what isolated means
- what isolated china from the rest of the world
- what isolated
- what isolates and transports specific molecules
- what isolates china
- what isolated and protected egypt from invaders
- what isolate protein means
- what isolated egypt
insulate +? -ion
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /??nsj??le???n/
- (US) IPA(key): /??ns??le???n/
- Rhymes: -e???n
insulation (countable and uncountable, plural insulations)
- The act of insulating; detachment from other objects; isolation.
- The state of being insulated; detachment from other objects; isolation.
- Any of a variety of materials designed to reduce the flow of heat, either from or into a building.
- (engineering) The act of separating a body from others by nonconductors, so as to prevent the transfer of electricity, heat, or sound
- (engineering) The state of a body so separated.
- (electricity) a medium in which it is possible to maintain an electrical field with little supply of energy from additional sources.
insulation From the web:
- what insulation for walls
- what insulation for attic
- what insulation for garage walls
- what insulation for 2x4 walls
- what insulation to use
- what insulation for ceiling
- what insulation for basement walls
- what insulation for crawl space
you may also like
- isolate vs insulation
- insulate vs insulation
- insular vs insulation
- instigator vs instigation
- inspiratory vs inspire
- inspirator vs inspire
- inspire vs inspiration
- insinuator vs insinuation
- insinuate vs insinuation
- inoculator vs inoculation
- inoculative vs inoculation
- inoculant vs inoculation
- vaccine vs inoculation
- innocent vs innocuous
- prenatal vs innate
- naturalism vs innate
- naturism vs innate
- native vs innate
- nascent vs innate
- antenatal vs innate