different between egotist vs egotism
ego + t (“inserted to avoid hiatus, or after the analogy of dramatist, epigrammatist, etc.”) +? -ist
egotist (plural egotists)
- A person who talks excessively about themself.
- A person who believes in his or her own importance or superiority.
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) An egoist (advocate of egoism).
- egotist in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- egotist in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
From French égotiste.
egotist m or n (feminine singular egotist?, masculine plural egoti?ti, feminine and neuter plural egotiste)
egotist From the web:
- what egotistical mean
- what egotists do a lot
- what egotists do a lot crossword
- what egotists use instead of i crossword
- what egotists want to be crossword
- what egotist refers to repeatedly
- what egotists use instead of i
- what egotists use instead of i crossword clue
From Latin ego (“I”) + -t- + -ism
egotism (usually uncountable, plural egotisms)
- A tendency to talk excessively about oneself.
- A belief that one is superior to or more important than others.
- (countable) The result or product of being egoistic.
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) Egoism (belief that behavior should be directed towards one's self-interest).
- pride, vanity, conceit
- egocentrism, egoism
- egotism in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- egotism in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
From French égotisme
egotism n (uncountable)
egotism From the web:
- what egotism mean
- egotism what is the definition
- egotism what does that mean
- what causes egotism
- what does egotism
- what does egotism mean
- what is egotism with examples
- what does egotism mean in spanish
you may also like
- egotist vs egotism
- dimorphism vs teleomorphic
- pleomorph vs teleomorphic
- holomorph vs teleomorphic
- cacodaemonical vs daemon
- cacodaemoniacal vs daemon
- cacodaemonic vs daemon
- cacodemonic vs daemon
- cacodaemon vs daemon
- cacodemon vs daemon
- cacodemonical vs daemon
- provision vs provide
- herdsman vs swineherd
- jase vs jason
- jace vs jason
- jayson vs jason
- judaica vs judaism
- judaic vs judaism
- jewish vs judaism
- messianity vs messianic