different between division vs constituency
From Middle English divisioun, from Old French division, from Latin d?v?si?, d?v?si?nem, noun of process form from perfect passive participle d?v?sus (“divided”), from d?vid? (“divide”). Doublet of divisio.
- IPA(key): /d??v???n/
- Rhymes: -???n
division (countable and uncountable, plural divisions)
- (uncountable) The act or process of dividing anything.
- Synonyms: split, lith
- Antonyms: combination, fusion, merger, unification
- Each of the separate parts of something resulting from division.
- (arithmetic, uncountable) The process of dividing a number by another.
- Antonym: multiplication
- (arithmetic) A calculation that involves this process.
- (military) A formation, usually made up of two or three brigades.
- Hyponyms: square division, triangular division
- A usually high-level section of a large company or conglomerate.
- (taxonomy) A rank below kingdom and above class, particularly used of plants or fungi, also (particularly of animals) called a phylum; a taxon at that rank.
- A disagreement; a difference of viewpoint between two sides of an argument.
- (government) A method by which a legislature is separated into groups in order to take a better estimate of vote than a voice vote.
- (music) A florid instrumental variation of a melody in the 17th and 18th centuries, originally conceived as the dividing of each of a succession of long notes into several short ones.
- (music) A set of pipes in a pipe organ which are independently controlled and supplied.
- (law) A concept whereby a common group of debtors are only responsible for their proportionate sum of the total debt.
- (computing) Any of the four major parts of a COBOL program source code.
- Hyponyms: identification division, environment division, data division, procedure division
- (Britain, Eton College) A lesson; a class.
- Synonym: (informal) div
- (taxonomy): divisio, phylum
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) ? (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend
- division on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
division c (singular definite divisionen, plural indefinite divisioner)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- “division” in Den Danske Ordbog
From Old French, borrowed from Latin divisio, divisionem, noun of process form from perfect passive participle divisus (“divided”), from d?vid? (“divide”)
- IPA(key): /di.vi.zj??/
division f (plural divisions)
- division (act or process of dividing)
- (arithmetic) division
- (military) division
- division (subsection)
- “division” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Alternative form of divisioun
Borrowed from Latin divisio, divisionis, noun of process form from perfect passive participle divisus (“divided”), from d?vid? (“divide”)
- division; act of dividing (e.g. numbers); large military unit; section of a company
- (sports) division, league; an organization of sports teams that habitually play against each other for a championship; the level on which a certain team plays, as compared to others
division From the web:
- what division are the chiefs in
- what division are the steelers in
- what division is tampa bay in
- what division are the cowboys in
- what division are the browns in
- what division is naia
- what division is clemson in
- what division are the packers in
constituent +? -ency
constituency (plural constituencies)
- (politics) A district represented by one or more elected officials.
- Synonyms: electoral district, precinct, (Canada) riding
- (collective) The voters within such a district.
- Synonym: electorate
- (collective) The residents of such a district.
- (collective) The voters of a candidate.
- An interest group or fan base.
- functional constituency (Hong Kong, Macau)
- group representation constituency (Singapore)
- constituency on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Constituency in the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th edition, 1911)
constituency From the web:
- what constituency am i in
- what constituency does a senator represent
- what constituency am i in uk
- what constituency is boris johnson
- what constituency am i in scotland
- what constituency is matt hancock
- what constituency am i in alberta
- what constituency am i in ireland
you may also like
- division vs constituency
- constituency vs jurisdiction
- constituency vs nonconstituency
- political vs nonconstituency
- celtic vs irish
- catholic vs celtic
- celtic vs celticize
- celtic vs eburones
- celtic vs lepontic
- celtic vs brehon
- terms vs vitalic
- vital vs vitalic
- life vs vitalic
- polyzoon vs bryozoon
- bryozoa vs bryozoon
- bryozoon vs bryozoan
- polyzoon vs polyzoic
- polyzoon vs polyzoary
- polyzoon vs polyzoan
- bryozoa vs corals