different between dictionary vs glossary
- dictionnary (obsolete)
Borrowed from Medieval Latin dicti?n?rium, from Latin dicti?n?rius, from dicti? (“speaking”), from dictus, perfect past participle of d?c? (“speak”) + -?rium (“room, place”).
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /?d?k??n??i/, /?d?k??n?i/, /?d?k?n??i/
- (General American, Canada) enPR: d?k'sh?-n?r-?, IPA(key): /?d?k???n??i/
- Hyphenation: dic?tion?ary
- Rhymes: -?k??n???i
dictionary (plural dictionaries)
- A reference work with a list of words from one or more languages, normally ordered alphabetically, explaining each word's meaning, and sometimes containing information on its etymology, pronunciation, usage, translations, and other data.
- Synonyms: wordbook; see also Thesaurus:dictionary
- (preceded by the) A synchronic dictionary of a standardised language held to only contain words that are properly part of the language.
- (by extension) Any work that has a list of material organized alphabetically; e.g., biographical dictionary, encyclopedic dictionary.
- (computing) An associative array, a data structure where each value is referenced by a particular key, analogous to words and definitions in a physical dictionary.
- Hyponym: hash table
dictionary (third-person singular simple present dictionaries, present participle dictionarying, simple past and past participle dictionaried)
- (transitive) To look up in a dictionary.
- (transitive) To add to a dictionary.
- (intransitive, rare) To compile a dictionary.
- dictionary at OneLook Dictionary Search
dictionary From the web:
- what dictionary does google use
- what dictionary does words with friends use
- what dictionary is the best
- what dictionary does scrabble use
- what dictionary does apple use
- what dictionary has the most words
- what dictionary does dictionary.com use
- what dictionary does siri use
- There is a Glossary of terms used in Wiktionary. See also Wiktionary's Category:Glossaries by language
From Middle English glosarie, from Latin gloss?rium, from Ancient Greek ?????? (glôssa, “tongue”).
- IPA(key): /??l?s??i/
glossary (plural glossaries)
- A list of terms in a particular domain of knowledge with their definitions.
- bilingual glossary
glossary From the web:
- what glossary means
- what glossary definition
- what glossary is online
- what glossary tell you
- glossary what does it mean
- glossary what does it do
- glossary what tamil meaning
- what is glossary in a book
you may also like
- dictionary vs glossary
- theme vs aria
- region vs aria
- melody vs aria
- song vs aria
- aria vs ballad
- aria vs amia
- aria vs atria
- presto vs prestissimo
- presto vs spark
- presto vs adagio
- presto vs speedy
- alegro vs presto
- allegrissimo vs presto
- pesto vs presto
- presto vs resto
- affettuoso vs adagio
- allegretto vs adagio
- allegro vs adagio
- adagio vs adage