different between destruct vs interrupt
Back-formation from destruction.
- Rhymes: -?kt
destruct (third-person singular simple present destructs, present participle destructing, simple past and past participle destructed)
- (transitive) To intentionally cause the destruction of.
- Synonym: destroy
- (intransitive) To self-destruct.
destruct From the web:
- what destruction mean
- what destruction do earthquakes cause
- what destructive interference
- what destructive feature is created by photons
- what destruction do hurricanes cause
- what destruction can a tornado cause
- what destruction can a tsunami cause
- what destruction spells are best in skyrim
- interrumpt (archaic), interroupt (rare), interrout (obsolete)
Borrowed from Latin interruptus, from interrumpere (“to break apart, break to pieces, break off, interrupt”), from inter (“between”) + rumpere (“to break”).
- IPA(key): /??nt????pt/ (verb)
- Rhymes: -?pt (verb)
- IPA(key): /??nt????pt/ (noun)
- Hyphenation: in?ter?rupt
interrupt (third-person singular simple present interrupts, present participle interrupting, simple past and past participle interrupted)
- (transitive, intransitive) To disturb or halt (an ongoing process or action, or the person performing it) by interfering suddenly.
- (transitive) To divide; to separate; to break the monotony of.
- (transitive, computing) To assert to (a computer) that an exceptional condition must be handled.
interrupt (plural interrupts)
- (computing, electronics) An event that causes a computer or other device to temporarily cease what it was doing and attend to a condition.
- interrupt in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- interrupt in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- interrupt at OneLook Dictionary Search
interrupt From the web:
- what interrupted super bowl xlvii
- what interrupted the super bowl in 2004
- what interrupted super bowl 47 for 34 minutes
- what interrupted their singing
- what interrupted the chinese civil war
- what interrupted super bowl xlvii for 34 minutes
- what interrupts rem sleep
- what interrupts a stream profile
you may also like
- destruct vs interrupt
- disaster vs destruct
- abolish vs destruct
- decompose vs destruct
- dispose vs destruct
- deconsturct vs destruct
- obstruct vs destruct
- commons vs order
- commons vs folks
- community vs commons
- commons vs township
- commons vs commos
- commoners vs aristocrat
- nobles vs commoners
- commoners vs people
- antonym vs commoners
- commos vs kommos
- combos vs commos
- commis vs commos
- commos vs comms