different between corporation vs corporatocracy
From Late Latin corporatio (“assumption of a body”), from Latin corporatus, past participle of corporare (“to form into a body”); see corporate.
- Rhymes: -e???n
- (UK) IPA(key): /?k??p???e???n/
- (General American) IPA(key): /?k??p???e???n/
corporation (plural corporations)
- A body corporate, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
- The municipal governing body of a borough or city.
- (historical) In Fascist Italy, a joint association of employers' and workers' representatives.
- (slang, dated, humorous) A protruding belly (perhaps a play on the word corpulence).
- Synonym: paunch
- 1918, Katherine Mansfield, ‘Prelude’, Selected Stories, Oxford World's Classics paperback 2002, page 91:
- 'You'd be surprised,' said Stanley, as though this were intensely interesting, 'at the number of chaps at the club who have got a corporation.'
- 1974, GB Edwards, The Book of Ebenezer Le Page, New York 2007, p. 316:
- He was a big chap with a corporation already, and a flat face rather like Dora's, and he had a thin black moustache.
- 2001, Jamie O’Neill, At Swim, Two Boys, London: Scribner, Part 2, Chapter 20, p. 620,
- The sergeant was a goner. There was only one way to save him, and he threw himself on top, hurling the man to the ground. He lay covering his corporation with as much as his body and limbs would allow.
- British Broadcasting Corporation
- corporation tax
- (body corporate): public limited company (UK)
- corporation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- corporation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
corporation f (plural corporations)
corporation From the web:
- what corporations own the media
- what corporation owns fox news
- what corporation owns cnn
- what corporations own everything
- what corporations use prison labor
- what corporation owns taco bell
- what corporations are responsible for climate change
- what corporation owns mcdonald's
From corporate +? -o- +? -cracy.
corporatocracy (usually uncountable, plural corporatocracies)
- Rule by corporations.
- inverted totalitarianism
- corporatocracy on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
corporatocracy From the web:
- what does corporatocracy meaning
- what does corporatocracy
- what does corporatocracy do
- corporatocracy meaning
- corporatocracy definition
- kruck meaning
you may also like
- corporation vs corporatocracy
- corporatism vs corporatocracy
- corporatism vs corporatise
- corporatism vs corporate
- fascism vs corporatism
- plutocracy vs corporatism
- corporatist vs corporatism
- politics vs corporatism
- protocapitalist vs protocapitalism
- cycloplegia vs analgesia
- cycloplegic vs cycloplegia
- accommodation vs cycloplegia
- eye vs cycloplegia
- paralysis vs cycloplegia
- analgesia vs anagesics
- withdrawal vs methylnaltrexone
- analgesia vs methylnaltrexone
- constipation vs methylnaltrexone
- drug vs methylnaltrexone
- opioid vs methylnaltrexone