different between contamination vs corrosion
- IPA(key): /k?n?tæm??ne???n/
- Rhymes: -e???n
contamination (countable and uncountable, plural contaminations)
- The act or process of contaminating
- Synonyms: pollution, defilement, taint
- Something which contaminates.
- (linguistics) A process whereby words with related meanings come to have similar sounds.
- (linguistics, etymology) The influence of one form (often from a foreign language) on the historical development of another form to which it may be related in meaning.
- The process of making a material or surface unclean or unsuited for its intended purpose, usually by the addition or attachment of undesirable foreign substances.
From Latin cont?min?ti?.
- IPA(key): /k??.ta.mi.na.sj??/
contamination f (plural contaminations)
- contamination (act or process of contaminating)
- “contamination” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
contamination From the web:
- what contamination of groundwater is a major concern
- what contamination means
- what contamination can pests cause
- what contamination is solanine
- what contamination is mould
- what contamination is mold
- what contamination of water
- what contamination is physical
From Old French corrosion, or its source, Late Latin corr?si?nem, accusative singular of corr?si? (“gnawing away, corroding”), from Latin corr?d? (“gnaw away, corrode”).
- (UK) IPA(key): /k???????n/
- (US) IPA(key): /k???o???n/
corrosion (countable and uncountable, plural corrosions)
- The act of corroding or the condition so produced.
- A substance (such as rust) so formed.
- (chemistry) Erosion by chemical action, especially oxidation.
- (by extension) The gradual destruction or undermining of something.
Borrowed from Late Latin corr?si?nem, accusative singular of corr?si? (“gnawing away, corroding”), from Latin corr?d? (“gnaw away, corrode”).
- IPA(key): /k?.??.zj??/
corrosion f (plural corrosions)
- “corrosion” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
corrosion f (oblique plural corrosions, nominative singular corrosion, nominative plural corrosions)
corrosion From the web:
- what corrosion means
- what corrosion resistance
- what corrosion engineer do
- what's corrosion warranty
- what's corrosion in geography
- what corrosion of iron
- what corrosion inhibition
- what corrosion of copper
you may also like
- contamination vs corrosion
- weathering vs corrosion
- corrosive vs corrosion
- corrosion vs tarnish
- nick vs corrosion
- consumption vs indemnity
- requirement vs consumption
- consumption vs consumable
- consumption vs consummate
- yield vs consumption
- ingest vs consumption
- constipation vs consumption
- consumption vs waste
- audacity vs aplomb
- audacity vs aberrant
- audacity vs atypical
- audacity vs adventurous
- audacity vs asinine
- water vs audacity
- equivalent vs valent