different between commons vs commos
- (General American) enPR: k?m??nz, IPA(key): /?k?m?nz/
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: k?m??nz, IPA(key): /?k?m?nz/
- Hyphenation: com?mons
- plural of common
- A dining hall, usually at a college or university.
- A central section of (usually an older) town, designated as a shared area, a common.
- The Renaissance festival started with the "peasants" meeting in the commons.
- The commons is the green space surrounded by the village hall, the school, and the church.
- The commons of New England towns are important contributors to their charm.
- (figuratively) The mutual good of all; the abstract concept of resources shared by more than one, for example air, water, information.
- Synonym: res communis
- "The tragedy of the commons" is that none wish to make sacrifices of their or their family's interests for the common good.
- (euphemistic, obsolete) An outhouse.
- (obsolete, Britain, Oxford University) Food served at a fixed rate from the college buttery, distinguished from battels.
- Food in general; rations.
- short commons
- (outhouse): common house, House of Commons; see also Thesaurus:bathroom
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of common
- commons in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- first-person plural present indicative of commer
- first-person plural imperative of commer
commons From the web:
- what common foods have gluten
- what common plants are toxic to dogs
- what common snacks are gluten free
- what common english verb becomes
- what is common's real name
- what is common's net worth
- commons meaning
- common sense means
- plural of commo
commos From the web:
- what common sense
- what commons is
- what does commission mean
- creative commons
- what is commons in canvas
- what is commonspirit health
- what is commons daemon service runner
- what is commonsense media
you may also like
- commons vs commos
- commoners vs aristocrat
- nobles vs commoners
- commoners vs people
- antonym vs commoners
- commos vs kommos
- combos vs commos
- commis vs commos
- commos vs comms
- commos vs commas
- commos vs hommos
- commos vs compos
- commos vs cosmos
- palpebral vs palpebra
- eyelid vs palpebra
- lashline vs eyelid
- eyelid vs eyeliner
- eyelid vs pupil
- eyelid vs xyelid
- eyelid vs bleareye